Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kevin-sw

Twido schematic cable

7 posts in this topic

Does anybody have schematic programming cable for Twido PLC from Schneider Electric/Telemecanique? Thank you, Kevin

Twido is a Modicon PLC, try posting in the Modicon forum to get more responses. I might have something on that cable, let me look and get back to you.

Don't you just love Google Got it from the FAQ document below, the complete manual can be found here TwidoTechnicalFAQ.pdf Edited by PdL

PDL, As long as I know Twido using RS485 for programming. Could it to be programmed through RS232? javascript:emoticon('')

I'm sorry buddy I don't know a thing about these Twido PLCs. If you told me yesterday its the name of an endangered species If would have believed you right away I just found you the technical FAQ where it showed a Twido schematic so I figured that would be the one. But if it's programmes through RS485 you would need a converter in the cable like the Siemens PC/PPI cable. But I gues they wouldn't put it in the manual if it wouldn't be possible !? Have you read the FAQ and manual ?

Yes, I have read the manual. Port #1 is configured as RS485.

Don't forget also you can look for a programming cable schematic for Idec, as the Twido is nothing more than a rebranded Idec MicroSmart. The built in port is RS485, so you should need a converter to hook it to a PC's RS232 port.