Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
308guru

One shot with a math function

8 posts in this topic

I'm having a bit of trouble finding a simple way to so a one shot (ala Allen Bradley) in my FX2N. I'm trying to move some data based on the the time of day and then reset the original locations. Problem is, even though I only have the move on for 1 second, the reset happens in one scan, effectively moving zeros for me. Is there a way to make a math funcion a rising pulse? I'm attaching a screenshot of the ladder. I guess I could easily turn on M37 or something and use a rising pulse on the next line to trigger the move. My real question is about making a math function itself a rising pulse. Can it be done? Thanks!

By suffixing most of the Mitsubishi instructions with a "P" makes the instruction active for one scan on the rising pulse, the instruction is only active again when the rung goes from false to true. example MOV would become MOVP INC would become INCP + (add) would become +P etc etc

Suhweet! Thanks for the help.

You could also use a rising or falling edge detection on one of the inputs leading up to the math instruction. But just adding the P to the end of the function name is the cleanest way of doing it.

HI! How would you add a P on the end of the function name using the ladder edit mode? Because I am having trouble doing that, like for example SFTL to SFTLP? billy

In GX-Developer, all of the block type instructions are drawn with the F8 key. Then you type in the name of the instruction you want and any parameters required. Put the P directly on the end of the instruction name, like MOV becomes MOVP (no spaces!). Make sure you do put a space between the instruction and the first parameter, like this: --| |---[ADDP D1 D2 D4] Double check the programming manual to make sure the instruction supports a P. Otherwise you could always make one of the contacts in front of your command a rising or falling edge trigger.

Hi, First of all you should check whether the CPU you are using support P(pulse) mode of the function. You can check by looking at programming manual. Then you can directly write the function MOVP for example to the relevant page of the editor. Thats the way i am used to. I use GPPW for programming FX. Best Regards

hi Thank you for the reply by the way I am using medoc v2.4 and FX0 plc. I don't have a manual for FX0 but I downloaded the fx manual for mitsu on this site. billy