Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iceden

Concept v2.5 various errors

2 posts in this topic

Good morning, I am a controls engineer working in a satellite office for Honeywell. We are currently expanding the water treatment facilities for the city of Las Vegas Water district. We switched to v2.5 soon after it was released and have applied the patches etc as they have been released and tested/approved by our poweruser who really is quite incredible with the concept software. I have been experiencing a large amount of errors varying in impact when using Concept alone, or using Concept with VPSim from Cape Software. Looking at processor load, seems running both can be quite taxing on the PC CPU, but have found that there is no pattern to the blue screens of death that occur when simulating. Although, Concept (or VPSim?) doesnt seem to like it when you double click a function block to get to advanced options within that block. This can, sometimes, cause a BSOD, sometimes not. We have tried to mitigate these issues in a few ways; The PLC program that we keep on a server is moved to the C:| drive of the PC (Sim) that is running concept to expedite the Concept tools access to the program. Still issues... We have upgraded our Sim PC to 3.0 GHz P4 w/1 GB RAM, ATI 9800. Still the same issues. Also, when running Concept stand alone, that is, during PLC program build BEFORE simulating, there are many RDM 330 errors, and GPF's (The GPF's do not impact any program but Concept and shutdown is not necessary). Deciphering these error messages has yielded no progress toward running a healthy Concept program without issues. This AM when I came to work, I went to open my work in progress and, although it did open, the sections were missing. No error messages were relayed to me. Looking at the previous days backup copy I also noted that 2 files ( .his and .cco ) were missing. The other files were there, but thier sizes had deminished to a fraction of what they were before this corruption. Re-installations have yielded no positive results. Besides the obvious mitigations, backtracking is not only timeconsuming but pinpointing exactly what has been lost in your PLC program is truely hit or miss. Is there a user that has experienced the same style of issues and do they remember what was done to fix this???

Recommend getting Concept 2.6 and the latest service packs (up to 2.6 SR2 Patch C). Are you running this on Windows XP? Concept 2.5 had some issues with XP, as it was from before Xp was released. I never had any problems with 2.5 when running it on Windows 2000.