Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_billy

touch panel mitsu

7 posts in this topic

Hi! We have a mitsubishi touch panel which is used on FXoN-24MR in our water treatment system. At the back of the panel there is an RS-422 terminal female(9pin) and also an RS-232 terminal male(9pin). The RS-422 terminal is connected to the plc so that you can start, stop, reset in case of emergency, or change the setting of the timers. PLC(8pin male)---cable------(9pin)RS422,Touch Panel,RS232. Just want to know is it possible to us that panel to another Fx series model, and transfer a program from the computer to a PLC (ohter fx plc) using those RS422 and RS232 terminal? Will it affect the setting of the panel if I will used its RS422 and RS232 terminals to load a program from medoc to another plc(fx models)? By the way the com terminal of the computer is also male, so will I just used a female adapter to connect from rs232 to com? regards, bill

If I am understanding you correctly, you want to use the HMI as the transfer medium between your PC and PLC. In short the answer is yes you can but there are limitations: What you are doing is using the "transparent mode" feature resident most of the Beijers HMI range, however, it must be enabled in the terminal before you can use it, this is found in the "peripherals" part of the application for the HMI. Secondly, the communication parameters of the devices must match (baud, parity etc) i.e. PLC, "transparent mode" and medoc/gx developer must match. You must use the correct cable from the RS 232 port on the terminal to the PC, this is important as there are shorting links on one end (drawing attached) Thirdly, if you are using GX developer, there is a tick box marked "MAC/MTA transparent mode) in the transfers setup dialog. To be honest, its much easier to buy a SC-09 cable than transport a HMI around! cab_5_hmi.pdf

First thing to ask is which family of HMI are you using? Part number? Mitsubishi has 3 lines of HMIs. If it's an F900 series, or an A900 series, I don't think you can do multiple PLCs on one screen, but I'm not sure. I've never tried it. If it's an E-Series you can connect a second PLC (of any brand or model), or you can connnect through the HMI to program the PLC. If what you are trying to do is make the screen talk to a second PLC, yes you can do that. You'll need to program the screen for a second controller on the RS232 port. And since Mitsubishi's brick PLCs are RS422 by default, you'll need either a 232-BD board on the second controller or a cable with an RS422 to RS485 converter on it. If you use the RS232 board option, the E-terminal programming cable (CAB5) works as the PLC cable for the RS232 board. If what you're trying to do is connect to the PLC to program, the E-series has what is called transparent mode. You can use the CAB5 connected PC to HMI RS232 port and then the CAB19 connected from the HMI RS422 port to PLC and you can program the PLC or HMI without changing cables. Please give us some more details so we can provide further assistance.

The model of the touch panel is F930GOT-BWD, serial 240257 V4.51, What I am trying to do is that I will use that panel to load a program from my pc to another fx plc (FXo), but I will not used that panel to both plc or operate several plc on that panel at the same time. Here is what exactly that I am going to do, First I will disconnect the plc (FXoN) from the panel then connect the panel to other plc (FXo) and to the PC so I can load the program from my PC to FXo. After loading the program I will connect back the panel to FXoN. Will that kind of move change the setting of the panel? Actually I tried using the cheap sc-09 from the other thread but it didn't work for the FXo. The rs232 terminal is male will I just used a parallel connection to the PC and the panel? regards, billy

If i understund your request, it can be possible because on th Got terminal the driver is generic for both FX plcs. Just connect your pc with Got programming cable on the 232 port of terminal. I think you can read the plc program. bye Max

So basically you're going to use the transparent mode on the screen instead of having the real SC09 programming cable? Should work, and there should be no changes to the screen. Though it seems to me that just buying a cable would be easier than all the swapping around.

yes, I will just use it that way. Thank you. REgards