Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gravitar

Found on a transformer installation sheet..

11 posts in this topic

This cracks me up, the legal department HAD to have written this one. On the installation sheet for a Sola Hevi-duty transformer was the following warning: "De-energize transformer before removing from service." Geez, so THAT'S why I got shocked so bad last time, I didn't realize you had to turn the power off before you pull it from the panel! :)

Hey---wait a minute. Are they the same people that put the advisory on Pop Tarts? You know, the one that says "Product may be hot when heated".

A little bit unrelated this one. I watched a program the other night when a Father bought his son a superman costume. He could not believe that it has a warning on the instructions saying "wearing this costume does not enable you to fly"

After that fool that burnt himself with the coffee he had just purchased from McDonalds and successfully sued and gotten some $$$, everything needs to have the OBVIOUS written out in the disclaimer section. Today common sense is just not available or taught in schools anymore.

We have a 6.7khp Toshiba motor who's manual has instructions on how to light a bamboo fire underneath to warm the motor in cold climates before it's first start.

Umm.. ok, that has mine beat by a long shot Have you tried building the fire? :)

And will it work as well if it's not bamboo? I don't have any... got a bunch of pine though!

We've tried to imagine just what that would be like. One of the fellas from Toshiba "big motor" tech support out of South America said it's a leftover from old Japanese instructions that just keeps getting reprinted.

can you post it? i'm just curious...

That would be good enough to print out and pin to the wall :)