Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_joe

M0 and M1 files

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, I'm buiding a program with rslogix500, 5/04 to control 30 convoyor with devicenet drive. Bultin 160. Why, in rslogix500, there is no M0 and M1 files in the database. Or, why 1747-SDN scanner used M0 and M1 file and not support integer file (n7:0) like 1771-SDN?????? Secondly, why i can't viewing M0 and M1 files in the database, but can programed them??? We can put a NC, NO or OTE contact but we cannot seeing the database like counter, integer, binary and other's!!!! All of my drive works fine, but 1771-SDN is better then 1747-SDN Bye Bye

Here’s some information right out of the book: The book goes on to explain how to access and control the M0 and M1 files. Here is a handy link to the book: SLC-500 Instruction Set Reference Manual Start reading on Adobe Reader page 531 of 582 - (yeah, the good stuff is always way in the back) - this is book page E19 - Take a look at this material and then please post again with any specific questions you might still have. Best regards, Ron Edited by Ron Beaufort

One of my lines has a similar setup except we use Yaskawa drives. I COPY the M1 file into a N file using S4:1 which is a 40ms pulse this enables you to monitor all your drive status info.

Download this file: http://www.mrplc.com/dl/index.php?action=v...entry&entryid=2 First few rungs, You'll see a 50 word copy from M1 to Interger and Interger back to M0 etc...

Hey cpmiller, which kind of Yaskawa drives do you use and which interface ? I commissioned my first GPD515 with the SI-N1 interface last week and it was a big pain in the butt to get the EDS files; the factory finally had to send them to me because they aren't on the website. There is an older DeviceNet interface called I think the CM043, and it has a big colorful user manual. the Si-N1 manual is still in Jenglish, and also is not published on the website. I'm hoping for some hints on how to make the drive handle PLC Idle mode more gracefully... right now it just keeps running at the last commanded speed. If I actually fault the DNet connection, I have to re-establish the DeviceNet connection and send a Stop command before I can reset the drive.