Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kothy

block transfer

5 posts in this topic

I am trying to convert PnelView 1400e application to a PanelBuilder32 . I had to do the screens from scratch though, wanted to export the tag database but that sucker failed too. So i copied each tag to PB32. But B03 00/00-00/15 address as copied to PB32 says illegal addressing. is there any other format for the addresses in PB32? And also i need help with block transfers. The addresses in PanelView 1400e tagdata base look like these below B02 09/00-09/15 B03 00/00-00/15 and so on. I have the PLC5/15 program too. But I am not able to associate the BTR and BTWs with the addresses shown above in PanelView 1400e. I am using Remote I/O communication. please help me. especially with Block transfers. Thanks in advance kothy

The B02 and B03 in your addresses are block transfer files in the PV1400e. If I understand it correctly, they translate like this: B03 00/00-00/15 'Block transfer file 3, word 0, bits 0 to 15. You will have to find the actual PLC addresses in the BTRs and BTWs to determine where the addresses actually are, then, for your new app, use the same delimiters to format words and bits as you would in RSLogix. You don't have to use to 00/00-00/15 to specify a range of bits when using PB32. Your new addressing will look just like RSLogix addresses. Look in your 1400e development software at the block transfer definitions. These will have to be recreated in PB32. you may have to modify the lengths of some of your BTW/BTR instructions as well. Follow this link to a user manual and start at page 45 for more help. 1400e User Manual

thanks OkiePC, I understand it now. I started working on getting them the actual PLC addresses from the BTR/W instructions. But I am stuck with something like this adddress. B03 00/9 - 00/11 . Apparently this is not a complete word, and im trying to figure out how to get this address in PB32. and what about I:00/00 - 00/15? I appreciate ur help again. kothy

That input address looks fishy. Remember that your PV is allotted some rack space in the i/o table, but I have never seen one assigned to rack 0. The partial word may require you to read the whole word and mask off the bits you don't need (with an expression in the PV) or add a PLC rung (MVM) to do that for you. Or you may need individual tags for each of the used bits. It all depends on what it's intended use is. There are probably things you can clean up once you track down what all the addresses are and how they are used. Here's a link I found on another forum that may help you Converting PB1200 application to RSView ME Edited by OkiePC

Concerning B03 00/9 - 00/11 Identify the 3 bit addresses being used in the block transfer and do search for those bits. What is B03 00/9 - 00/11 being used for?? I will guess it is a multistate indicator. The PV looks at the 3 bit value to change its state. The 3 bits are turned on and off to represent a 3 bit value. I have 3 separate lines of PLC logic to change the states of the bits instead of masking.