Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ARK

NT-AL001-E

7 posts in this topic

hi all i want to conect my computer host link (visual basic program; fins command) with SCB41 RS485/RS422 port using NT-AL001.will it work properly? i have tried to conected my computer (visual basic counter application program) with SCB41 RS485/RS422 port using ADAM converter but data is received in the PLC memory is not as fast as in my visual basic counter program,like there is some times for delay data to receive to PLC memory. n any body know how much money i will pay for NT-AL001? thanx

NT-AL001 use 5V power supply in RS232C side, suitable to connect to RS232C ports on PLC/PT. You should use K3SC-10 with external power supply (100-240VAC or 24VAC/DC). In Vietnam, its price is aprox. 170 to 200 USD. In your country, pls contact to Omron preresentative office or Omron distributors for detail. NT-AL001 is a bit cheaper than K3SC-10. If you have 5V external power supply, it's ok to do. Why don't you use RS232C port on SCB41? For long distance or multi PLC?

Easier for programming, if possible, you can use Omron Finsgateway and Compolet - no need for communication programming, just setup and use.

thanks alot MR.nguyenthanhcanh sorry for my late reply i use RS485 prot SCB41 for long distance communication i dont know about omron finsgateway and i think i dont have some manual for that could you tell me where i can get manual for that ? and any there other hardware needed ? thanks regard

ARK, Lets backup a little here........ You say you have already established comm's between your PLC and your VB application....step 1 done. Then you go on to say that the reponse is too slow...what type of respone times are you getting and what do you expect.... Remeber you are communicating serially... can you up the baud rate ???? Have you downloaded the sample VB code in the download section for communications to a PLC via VB??? a well worth while download if u ask me..... To be honest i do not see how an NT-AL001 could improve your response..... Thats my 2 cents anyways.....

hi sleepy wombat and thanks for your resend i have tried to connect rs232 port SCB41 and RS232 in my computer using visual basic increment program application (FINDS COMMAND mode) and then take monitoring in my programming console,9600Kbps and it's work propely. but when i try to connect RS485 port SCB41 and computer RS232 port (visual basic increment program) using ADAM 4520 (RS232 to RS485 converter) (baud rate 9600Kbps) and then take monitoring too in programming console, but data is received in the PLC memory is not as fast as in my visual basic counter program,like there is some times for delay data to receive to PLC memory. i have take to turn up baud rate in VB,PLC, and ADAM 4520 but it didnt work porperly too. amy be some problem in ADAM 4520, so could you tell me other alternate converter (RS232 to RS422 converter)? if i use NT-AL001,will it work properly? regards ARK

In some of the older ADAM units you needed to set the bits in the data package... This was achieved via two dip switches inside the unit. There are two groups of switches in the unit 1 lot sets the baud rate while the other as mentioned sets the data packet size... I would suggest trying an 11bit setting. See how this goes... Also how long is the cable run with the adam to the PC and are you using a shielded cable ? The Comm's should not be any slower....