Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
308guru

Transferring project from SW-MTA-WIN to E-Designer

7 posts in this topic

I've recently upgraded to E-Designer lite. If I try to open a project I created in SW-MTA-WIN I get an error window that tells me "project contains unknown terminal" and none of the blocks show up. I really don't want to spend the time remaking the project. Can anybody think of a way to transfer it? Thanks.

E-Designer Version 6 doesn't support some of the older terminals and you will get that message. I have to keep a working Version 5 on my laptop as well as Version 6 because some of my older projects still have Mac 50 screens and these aren't supported in V6. If I try to open the V5 files with V6, I get the same error message you get if the screen is a Mac 50

Only the E-Series terminals are supported in the latest E-Designer. Keep your MTA-WIN around for the old MTA and MAC units.

I'm using E150's. It seems weird that jumping to E-Designer from SW-MTW-WIN wouldn't bring my old programs with. Just a pain I guess.

Probably has more to do with the revision of the E-terminal system firmware. In MTA-WIN you could select older models, like v4.0 or less. In E-Designer you can only select the newer v6.x firmware for an E150.

That's exactly the issue. No way around it?

I don't know of one, but I will ask a couple guys I know in Mitsubishi tech suppport on Monday. Perhaps you can upload the program from an older E150 into E-Designer? I'll post any response I get from Mitsubishi.