Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Seth

VB 6.0 to FX2n Communication

4 posts in this topic

I have been trying to communicate with the PLC through VB 6.0. I have RS232 communication. The only way that I can communicate with the plc is to install MX Component and run the communication setup utility. My software is to be distributed to many computers. Is there a way around this so I dont have to buy a license for each one or illegally distribute the software. Please send a response if you know the answer. It is crucial that I acheive this for my job. Thanks Seth. slarson@productionconveyorsystems.com

Regardless the software, you cannot communicate with FX-series PLC in RS232. The PLC communication port is RS422.

I have a few bits of code in C++ to deal with FX comms. Also there is a Qbasic program in the downloads section that should give you some ideas on how to deal with it.

The FX2N can be upgraded with RS232 interface that plugs into face of the PLC. This is exactly what we did on few projects for communication with PCs running VB6. The programming port is left for monitoring and changes from development station. Cable from PC running VB to FX RS232 port is just a crossover cable (null-modem). panic mode