Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frost

Siemens S7 software package

9 posts in this topic

Hi there. Been trying to install Siemens S7 on my PC but it seems to have a problem with Service Pack 2. I cannot roll back the PC beyond SP2 and was wondering if there were ways around this. Here's the prompt screen when I try to install S7: http://img207.echo.cx/my.php?image=errorboxes6vc.png Cheers. Frost PS: Running Windows XP Pro Edited by Frost

The latest STEP7 v5.3 SP2 is officially released for XP SP2. Are you 100% certain that it has to do with XP SP2 ? I have installed STEP7 before it was released for XP SP2 and it seemed to work OK (Siemens just dont approve of it). Obviously there may be problems with this that I havent run into. The problems may have to do with that STEP7 wasnt completely installed. There is a FAQ on Siemens support site about how to completely remove STEP7 from the registry (uninstall does not guarantee this). Try that and then do a fresh install.

Did you install S7 before installing SP2? I've called up Tech Support and they've tried to walk me through that but it doesn't seem to work. From what I can tell, if you had S7 installed PRIOR to SP2 being added on, it will work fine. Crappity! Frost

Yes, I installed STEP7 v5.3 on a fresh new PC with XP SP2. What version of STEP7 do you have ? It worked, but that doesnt guarantee that it will work on other PCs. I have heard that the biggest problem was with NetPro (rumor only). Try to turn off the firewall. Try to remove all Siemens software incl registry entries (there is a FAQ on how to do that), and then try to install again. Hmmmm.... Actually I am pussled that STEP7 refuses to install. I dont think it checks for SP2 before installing. It should install OK, but maybe have trouble after installation. If you succeed with the installation, then get SP2 for STEP7 v5.3. Amongst the important improvements are support for XP SP2 ! Its available as a free download (200MB !).

I was trying to install Siemens Simatic Step 7 v5.3 on the PC and it refuses to install. It keeps telling me that it will delete some files on my computer and then restart installation when I reboot. I reboot and attempt to go at it again but it shows me the same thing. I have tried turning off the firewall but still nothing. The registry trick has not worked either. Gah! I just got this laptop too. Frost

Did you go to Siemens Support site and download the FAQ (Entry ID:189025) on how to remove STEP7 completely ? If you did follow that instruction, then the last thing you can do is to contact Siemens support.

Aha, there is a FAQ (Entry ID:8861819) that explains how to fix your particular problem. It is a bit complicated to explain here. Locate and follow the FAQ by yourself.

I've tried this already. Doesn't work since I can't even install S7 to begin with. :( Frost

Its been a month sincy you posted, so maybe you have figured something out allready (if you have, then you would post here about it - right ?). Your "I've tried this already" and "Doesn't work since I can't even install S7 to begin with" are confusing. The FAQ describes how you have to remove files and registry entries in order to install STEP7. I have had your problem myself, and the FAQ resolved it for me.