Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KinK

Display Values in Ladder view and Reset CTRIO

9 posts in this topic

I am using a DL06 with a High Speed counter I have set up the counter using the CTRIO software and it seems to work. I selected V400 as the starting memory area for the CTRIO unit and V426 for the output start memory area. I have output the double counter value to the LCD screen and that works. Now I am trying to be able to reset the counter from eather an external input (X0) or an internal bit CIO. I cant seem to get it to work is there anything I am missing. how do I reset the counter value. please the other problem is getting the Values in the memory area to display in the ladder view in the Direct soft program. is there away to do this. I would like to be able to see what is in the reg that I am currently using. Thanks in advance for any help Edited by KinK

I've only used it once so far. I set the 'Reset' bit (Counter 1 Function1) then waited for 'At Reset Value' to turn true before resetting the 'Reset' bit. Hope this helps. Numeric values only show when they are the Presets or Actual values of timers or counter or oare the operands in a compare instruction. Otherwise you must set up a watch table for these. Edited by b_carlton

Thanks for the answer... I dont quite follow on the reset bit. could you explain in a little more detail. thank you

This is done using CTRIO WB2. In my setup for the counter I use "PLC Mapped Addresses (4 Ranges)". My bit inputs are mapped starting at C400 (V40620) and the outputs are mapped starting at C540 (V40626). The handy I/O Map shows "Reset" at C541. It shows "At Reset Value" at C401. Therefore my code looks a little like this: Count Reset Condition                                Do Reset ---------] [--------------------------------------------(PD)     Do Reset                                                  Reset ---------] [-------------------------------------------(SET)                                                                    C541        Reset      At Reset Value                         Reset ---------] [-------------] [---------------------------(RST)          C541            C401                               C541 1. When my internal condition to do a reset occurs I do a one-shot (PD) 2. Using the one-shot the "Reset" (C541) to the counter module is SET 3. When the counter module responds that it has done the reset (C401) the "Reset" bit (C541) to the counter module is RST

Cool thanks I will try it out today and let you know how I do. thanks for your help and your time. Peace

Ok I got it going I guess the main thing that I had a problem with was the 4 mapped ranges but after I changed that it worked great. Thanks a ton sorry for being a little daft. Peace

You should have seen the hair pulling I went through getting this first one to work. Glad I could lessen the anguish for another user just a bit. But that's what these forums are for.

Ya it all has to do with the input being in the C memory area hell I tryed everything else because if you us the 2 range setup the counter wont update properly in the C memory area....

With 2 ranges the bits that coorespond to the Reset and At Reset get mapped into bits in a V word. You would have to turn the Reseet on using a 'bit of word' addressing type. The 4 range method is so much more convenient that the 'bit type' commands and indications can occur in the C area.