Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dsc

CQM1 CPU

6 posts in this topic

Hi everybody. Any body can let me know can i connect my PC to the Omron CPU peripheral port without using the Omron adaptor ??

You can't. At least not in a legal way. You can check the topic To connect CPM1 to PC without using CPM1-CIF01. At your own risk Edited by PdL

Hi, Why not just buy the adapter (and charge your customer if you can - and even make some money out of it!!)? The time you play about with 'alternate' methods, the real thing will work out cheaper, it comes with a warranty as well!! Nibroc

He was talking about CQM1. CQM1 is equipped with built in RS232. You can connected directly to the CPU without CQM1-CF01 adapter. You can buy the RS 232 cable, its common cable. or you can make by your self, many threads showing how to make this cable (pin arrangement).

I know a CQM1 has a RS232 port.

Hi everybody, Thanks for ur reply and help. I had bought a adaptor for the CQM1 cpu to interface to my PC. I did not use the build in RS232 port because it is connected to the HMI, and needed to be connected all the time .