Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skiv71

Q programming via Ethernet in E terminal

9 posts in this topic

Hi, Can anyone confirm the settings in E Designer and GX Developer v8 so that I can access the Q PLC via the IFC ETTP i've fitted in an E300? Thus far, in E Designer, i've configured slot 1 to use the ETTP and associated TCP/IP with it and IP address 192.168.0.210. I've also connected transparency to this card. I can program the HMI ok but I cant get GX Developer to talk to the programming PC. From what i've read it is possible but i couldnt figure the transfer settings out in GX Developer. Thanks Neil D. Edited by skiv71

Hi skiv71, Just make sure that you specify a different station address on the PC side I/F. I have included a screen grab of a correctly configured i/f to the q via ethernet. Good luck...

What is your connection between the E300 and the Q? Serial?

Hi waynes, Thanks for the screen grab.. i'm not sure that way will work. This is the setup: - PC(NIC) === SWITCH === (ETTP) E300 (RS422) ----- (SERIAL)Q00J Key: === cat5e utp ----- cabx serial comms cable (rs422 to rs232). I know I can connect to the 232 port of the HMI and program transparently. I've been pointed to the use of a virtual com port device driver which will be mapped to the IP of the HOST HMI with the appropriate port. I'm gonna try it tomorrow and see how it fares. Thanks for all your help.

That was my next suggestion. I have used a product called SerialIP by Tactical Software that works very well - I just create a virtual COM port and then setup GX for serial using that com port number. http://www.tactical-sw.com/

Hello mjrx, Yeah i'm hopin for success! Can you confirm what port did u specifiy if any? I see the default port is 6004. The reason i've opted for the setup shown previous is because there will be 5 other HMI's with PLC connected in the same fashion, each plugged into the switch. I need to edit/program each HMI and/or PLC from the one PC. Did you manage to edit the PLC via transparent mode ok (ticking the box in PLC i/f side)? I see the program you've used... i found this one.. : - http://www.hwgroup.cz/products/hw_vsp/index_en.html does it look similiar in functionality? Please do tell :o) Thanks Neil Edited by skiv71

Just a quick update for those interested. I managed successful communication using the program i mentioned in my last post. The port settings are 6004 for transparent and 6000 for remote server (HMI). Hope this comes in useful for someone. Thanks Neil

I did leave it at the default port 6004. I was able to: upload/download E-Designer programs, upload/download and monitor Q00 PLC with GX Dev., and run the E900 terminal applet with an internet connection to the E900's ETTP card. It worked quite well, gave me alot of flexibility (I needed it, this machine was in Central America!) The link you provided to the virtual serial port looks like it should work, but you can't be sure until you test it - and it is free, so try it. Edited by mjrx

Hello again.. The freeware serial driver program worked a treat.. Thanks for all your help. Neil