Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gamerayers

Mitsubishi with devicenet?

4 posts in this topic

I am working for a company that is using many different PLC manufactures to design networks, and they want to use them interchangably on their trainning system. They currently have an Omron with devicenet connected to remote I/O DRT1 cards and DRT2 cards. They have tried hooking up a Q series 02H plc with a devicenet card(no other modules on the backplane) to the devicenet(there are 7 DRT1 cards and 1 DRT2) and when I do the auto-setup for the Mitsubishi Q series, the only module it will pick up is node 8, which is our DRT2 card. I have called our local supplier and tried to get help, and they don't really work with devicenet and have only sold one DN card other than ours. Is there some special setting I can use to get it to recognize the DRT1. They are metioned in the manual for the Q series and I set it up the way they said to, and it doesn't connect to anything unless I do an auto-setup. Thank you.

There is a setup utility package for the GX-Developer software for the Q series PLCs called GX-Configurator. It includes utilities to facilitate setup of analog input, analog output, serial communications cards, Devicenet cards, high speed counter, and temperature input and control cards. You might want to give it a shot. I haven't worked with DeviceNet on a Q, but had used it before when I worked for Omron... When using Q, I would recommend using CC-Link and the available I.O modules for CC-Link instead of Devicenet. Mitsubishi has a good assortment of CC-Link network modules and drive and PLC adapters. Beckhoff offers a 'slice i/o' system for CC-Link.

I've gone into GX configurator and I am still having the same problems, that is how I got the DRT2 cards working. The DRT1 cards are still a hasstle, but the reason we are using D/N as apposed to CC-link is because we needs the ability to use Omron, AB and Mitsubishi, and switch between then without hasstle, plus the plant uses D/N and we are the trainning area for it.

I offically got the DRT1 and DRT2 modules to talk with the Devicenet card and all is good on that side. Finally, with no help from Mitsubishi or our supply company. I now am unable to link to the actually I/O. I don't know the addresses and if I flip any of the Inputs on, it changes none of the X addresses. SO I am still a little stuck. Edited by gamerayers