Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Rslinx And Single Panel View Dh-485

3 posts in this topic

I ran into something very wierd today.. I was trying to upload a panel view 550 program that a customer sent me in the mail. This was the DH485 model. However RSLINX would not find the panel view configured as a 1747-PIC driver connected to the back of the Panel View in RSLINX. So I decided for whatever reason, to connect my panel view to a SLC 500 I had laying around, I left the PIC connected to the back of the panel view, ran a cable from the other DH485 port to the port on the SLC CPU, I did not disturb RSLINX, and guess what? The SLC and the Panel View appeared on the network in RSLINX. How come you can't communicate with a panel view all by itself sitting on your desk? Why does it have to have a SLC connected before you can upload or download? Seems you know what....

the panelview doesn't supply the power which the PIC module requires - an SLC processor does - Knowledgebase note Best regards, Ron

Well shoot...learn something everyday..been doing this for ten years and never did what I did today...I guess I am "different"...LOL Thanks Ron!