Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve Cheung

Visual Basic and Mitsubishi FX2N communication

4 posts in this topic

Dear All, I have a problem with Visual Basic and PLC FX2N communication. (I dont know any VB programming....). We have 2 machines, first machine have a visual basic MMI with PLC FX0S. It running well with the program Visual Basic through programming port plc and serial port DB9 at the Personal Computer. The second machine is not connected yet with the MMI Visual Basic. This machine used PLC FX2N-16MR. I have make copy all the Visual basic file program from the first computer to the 2nd computer and connect it to PLC FX2N by using FX2N-232BD. But, the Visual basic MMI detect communication error (the led at FX2N-232BD not flashing) displayed at mmi using message box. I have test this connection using Wonderware Melseca I/O server, it work and there is a communication between them. Is it possible to use programming port to connect to Visual basic? Anyone could advice the solution? Thanks & best regards Steve

what drivers you use? how did you install them? using install routine or copied manually. If you just copied them manually it's unlikely to work. they need to be registered. this is usually pain to do by hand but it can be done from command prompt for example using commands like svcreg (or something like that, don't remember anymore, have to look up my notes).

Hi, where I can get driver for communications between PC and FX2N? My email edgarask@email.lt

Hi If you are using the programming port of the PLC, is very likely that the visual basic application uses an Mitsubishi software for the communication protocols, presumable an ActiveX or OPC server, in any of this its necessary to setup the program with the PLC information, if you are using diferent PLC's thats probably the problem. Try see if there is any Mitsubishi software installed on that PC! ActiveX an OPC gives direct acess to PLC address memory, so in order to use the same Visual Basic application, need ti use the same memory address in both PLC's.