Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SHY

RSView Installation Problem

3 posts in this topic

Hi! Hope somebody here can help me. I am trying to install RSView on my Windows XP Pro (Service pack 2). However after entering serial number and selecting components to install, I get this popup message: Your existing system path is too long. Please modify your path using control panel-system dialog-environment tab before running setup again. Existing path length is: 426 characters Setup needs to add: 29 characters Maximum NT path length: 256 characters Setup will exit now I have tried going into the environment tab but do not know how to make the necessary modification. No hints on how to proceed. Cannot see the Existing path length size and such other info. Hope somebody can help me. Thanks in advance. Regards, SHY

This sometimes refers to the TMP or the TEMP path under the Enviormentals tab. Try changing this to a shorter directory such as C:\temp. The Path value may also be too long, be careful editing this!! be sure to copy and paste into notepad to back this value up before you modify it!! Sometimes there are some redundencies in the value that can be deleted. This Technote from AB's website may also be helpful... http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/appl...fe?OpenDocument JJ Edited by TechJunki