Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ConTexas

About word device D

5 posts in this topic

Hi, loocking for the better way to program Mitsubishi PLC Q01, I like the D device because I can use the single bit (D0.0....D0.F) like others PLC (Siemens M0.0...M0.7) or Omron (HR0.0...HR0.15) or Allen Bradley SLC500 (B3/0...B3/15), for example. Also, I can move an entire value in a D device with a MOV instruction. I know that D device isn't latched, like M device. But now I say: why M device exists? Is it more powerful than D for something? I ask because this is the first time I program Mitsubishi, and I don't want, when program finished, change all my "D" whith "M". Thanks. Edited by ConTexas

Data can be moved into a bit device in groups of 4. -[ MOV D1 K4M0 ]- would move the contents of 16 bit reg. D1 into M0..M15 Also the D device can be latched or unlatched depending on how you set it up in PLC paramater -> I/O Assignment. The M device is not latched, but the L device is. One example I can think of when you have to use 'M' bit instead of 'Dx.x' is with indexed addressing. You cant do "D1.Z0" or "DZ0.6", but can do "M1Z0". Edited by mjrx

there is another good reason. each M bit can be individually comented. i wish I could do that with bits in a D registers

Hi Friends, thanks for reply. Ok for indexing and comment capability.

With the FX series and older A series Mitsubishi PLCs, you can't address a bit within a D register. Both have a place in the PLC code. But what you say about D not being latched is slightly incorrect. There are areas of memory you can configure to be battery backed. You can configure a range of D registers to be battery backed and therefore latched.