Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ConTexas

QD75M1

6 posts in this topic

Hi, The Md.19 parameter is explained in the same manual in two ways. In a section, it is "Axis in which the error occurred", in another it is "No. of write accesses to flash rom". Also, Md.9 is "Axis in which...". What is the right interpretation? Thanks.

It looks like you are interested in history of the servo alarms. Md.9 = "Axis in which error occured" Md.19 = "Number of write accesses to flash ROM" Well you only have single axis controller (it is the 1 in QD75M1). For $50-60 more you could have QD75M4 which can control up to 4 servo axis. In other words all alarms generated by this controller will be related to that same axis. If you had 3 or for servos on same controller, you could get the info which of them was refered to by this log. In the good old days of computer development someone came up with RAM and ROM terms to describe basic differences for all styles of memory. ROM is "Read Only Memory" and it means that in normal operation this memory can only be read but not written. In some special cases (such as flash memory) the content of the memory can be updated. Early versions of flash devices could be safely overwritten some 5000-10000 times before they would fail. few years ago improved devices could easily do 1000000 writes and this number is climbing ever since. You can read it as many times as you want to but every time you write to it, it is loosing it's properties and after certain number of write accesses it will fail. Nice thing about flash is that it doesn't need battery to keep data (your settings). No leaking chemicals or need for replacement. In this case Md.19 would simply represent "age" of this memory. The more times it was written the less value it has and the bigger chance it would turn to toast.

Hi Panic Mode, thanks for your reply. Please read carefully that I wrote in the first post (sorry for my English). Also, look the attachment, it come from a PDF about QD75M. I read Md.19="AXIS IN WHICH..." and Md.9="Time ecc...". I need a confirm about the right indication of those parameters. Thanks. Edited by ConTexas

I don't know what manual you are refering to. Manual you need is IB(NA)0300062-B and it can be found here: http://www.meau.com/Files/IB_NA_-0300062-B.PDF Screenshot you posted looks confusing because you didn't post the top of the table. You would see that white fields are refering to different card (A1SD75) while QD75 references are different (highlighted in gray). This table is just quick comparison table found in appendix of the manual. Don't use it, read the manual. Example: Md.9 parameter in A1SD75 is really Md.5 for QD75Mx. Please note that those parameters are not only numbered differently on different cards but they are also formated differently. Hope this helps. Btw. Why do you even bother with alarm history of the motion controller? I only look at the current alarm and once the program is done i hardly ever see any error (maybe 2016 and 2020 when they swap motors and don't plug encoder).

Hi panic mode, I downloaded the right manual and now I understand. Thanks.

don't worry, it's all good, let us know how it goes...