Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Ted

940 GOT bug?

9 posts in this topic

Hello, I have recently been having trouble after I upload 940 GOT programs. What happens is after I make a modification (just add a button for a new part # or something else equally as simple)I download it and the lamps will act different sometimes all of them will come on even on a screen I didn't modify. When I check the program I uploaded the lamps have been re-addressed usually with another address that was on that screen. If it is a touch key the "lamp" portion will change, but the action bit will be correct. So has anyone seen anything like this before? Thanks FYI The touchscreens are 940 GOT black and white models. The PLC's are A1SH models and I am using GT Designer Version 5.13 software. Several other programmers have had this happen to them on different machines by different OEM's. The touchscreen formats are the same on all machines.

this is not going to help you but i've used F940GOT couple of times and never had problem... I'm using GT2 now but at the time I was dealing with F940GOTs I used to use A900 series software (GT Designer...), version 5.xx or so (5.10?).

I also have used F930 and F940 units with GT Designer 2 and had no such problems. Perhaps you should consider upgrading to the latest GT-Designer 2 software?

We've just recently began having this trouble. We had done this reguraly for the past few years without trouble. So maybe it is possible our vendor is using a newer version software. I don't know if this would cause problems or not . Thanks

you can always check your system for viruses and malware and eventually reinstall software....

I am using the 940GOT-LWD with an Fx2N and GT Works 2, ver.1.13p....so far it's been ok. The problem I am having, (other than a total lack of coherent documentation), is in using the 'Numeric Input' function. I set the terminal up to for a 32 bit register, D50 in the Fx2N - 80 PLC and the only thing it will actually input is a signed 16 bit input. Anybody out there ever tried to be able to enter a number larger than 32,767 ??? thanx in advance.... mark

mitsubishi documentation sure requires some digesting, causes high blood pressure, loss of hair etc. i have to update this stupid licence so I can run the software again... But before I get to open some of the old files, are you looking if the value of D51 is changing too? D registers are 16-bit so to use numbers bigger than 32767 you have to combine two of them into 32-bit register. You can change view of the monitor in GX Dev to display 32-bit values. Since D50 is even address you should be able to see it the way it's entered.

Another thing to check is if you clicked on the Extended button at the bottom it gives you another page of configuration info for your numeric input. In the Extended page, the default max and min limits for the PLC number are 32767 and -32768. Even if you've selected 32 bit numbers. You'll need to change these default values if you are using the Extended tab.

This behaviour is probably because the plc program is writing over the got's data area. In GT Designer, the data range is stored under <common> <system information> . Check the addresses of "read device" and "write device".