Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gareth.cantrill

CC-Lin Network Parameters

5 posts in this topic

Can anyone explain how to set up the network parameters for CC-Link. Im new to the PLC field, and i'm struggling to allocate remote addresses.

Gareth, Which PLC CPU are u using (Q, AnS, etc.)? The Q series CPU allows you to set up the remote addresses in GX developer, whilst other CPU types forces you to use some manual coding. (In GX Developer). What do you mean by this???

cc-link is just a fieldbus that allows mapping or remote i/o into memory of the plc. you need to: - terminate bus properly - set same speed for all nodes, - set unique addresses for all nodes (0 is master and others will be 1,2,3,4,... depending on number of i/o) - configure master so it knows how many nodes are connected, what type they are, what memory you want to use for mapping etc. until you get good idea on what is going on, i would recommend addin one node at a time.

And here is small example of CC-Link setup using GX-Developer. To get there you have to: 1. click on Networking parameters 2. Click on CC-Link setup 3. Specify how many CC-Link masters you need to configure 4. Pay attention to text color (pink = not changed, dark blue = changed) 5. Make sure CC-Link card is configured as master 6. Select mode of operation 7. Specify how many nodes are on the CC-Link network 8. Tell it where you want inputs and outputs to be mapped (I wanted inputs to start at X300 and outputs at Y300) 9. You might need to change remote node parameters (remember text colors?) 10. Most remote nodes will require no setting 11. But some will have different type such as "Remote device station" or "Inteligent device station". Some will have "more stations". This will depend on card type and number of I/O that has to be mapped. For example "one station" occupies 32-bit. Since most of the remote cards on this projects had 16 inputs or 16 outputs and 16 bit fits under 32-bit limit, they ware considered "one station". Note that node nr. 8 is different type and that allocated space was three stations. This is 3x32bit or 96 bit (96 in and 96 out). Actually used I/O count on this particular node was only 64in/64out but there is some overhead. Note that next node would have to use address 11 because node nr. 8 is assigned 3-stations (that's 8,9 and 10).

As I wrote above, this CC-Link card has base address 0x020. This means that signal assigned to this card will be in X20-X3F and Y20-Y3F range (most special cards take 32-bit in I/O Assignment)