Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_gareth.cantrill

Excel Simulating

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone successfully set-up a simulator in excel which talks to a mitsi plc? I know this can be done but I have very little VB knowledge and I wouldn't know where to start. If anyone can either point me in the right direction then I will be very grateful. Or if you know of another free simulation package then please advise. I realise there is a simulator built into GX developer but im looking for something more graphical or at least something I can run on a seperate screen. Im a young learner and the use of a simulator would help greatly.

You can use the MelDDE32 DDE driver. It allows PLC device references in the Excel cells. With some macros in VB you also can write to PLC. I do not know what you call simulator, but I have made the automation line control panels and data acquisition in Excel. Edited by Sergei Troizky

Mitsubishi offers a software package called MX-Component. This is a VB applet that handles all communications to the PLC and allows you to drop it into an Excel doc, VB program, or anywhere else you can use an ActiveX control. MX-Component is much newer than the old MELDDE software, but MELDDE is still sold. MX-Component also comes with the MX-OPC-Server (I think, it did with mine)...

Thanks for the replies. Do you have any instructions on how to set the DDE driver up so that it will talk to excel?

if you simply want to dump data in excel you can use MX Sheet, you just have to configure in what you want the data to be dump.

Gareth, decide which soft you will use. If you get MelDDE, I will provide you sample code.