Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dannykan

Configure Series 7 Timer

3 posts in this topic

Hello All. I'm Modicon new User. I have worked on AB PLC5 and SLC5 previously. Now I working on a modification project using Modicon PLC TSX Micro 3721001 and Panelview Telemecanique MAGELIS - XBT P021010. And Using PL7 Micro Software. I've connected to the TSX Micro PLC and found ladder programs. I go thought the Configuration predefined function block. Showing in the Configuration FB. I found that as below Timer FB = 0 Series 7 Timer FB = 64 Monostable FB = 7 Counter FB = 14 Register FB = 1 Length = 16 Drum FB = 0 Word = 80 Quenstion = 1) I need some information how can I add more series 7 timer. What I found in the program only 1 series 7 timer left. Can I add more series timer in this project. I have try to change the series timer value from 64 to 70 in the software configuration. It not allow me to save the changed? 2) What is the difference DATA TRANSFER AND PROGRAM TRANSFER, PLC>PC or PC>PLC? Thank you for your reply and Hope I can hear from you all soon. Kind Regards Danny Kan

On TSX Micro it is max 64 timers totally. Do you want more you have to make them yourselves with a conter indexed with a pulse %S6 pulses each second s5 each 100ms etc. Data transfer tranfers values in words between PC and PLC

Is there a particular reason you are using te Series 7 timers? Basic timers should work... Those are only there for backward compatibility to the older TSX PLCs. Either way, there is a limit of 64 timers in the TSX Micro. As suggested before, using clock pulses and counters will be your best bet.