Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
navillusi

Controllogix And Beijers E-terminals

2 posts in this topic

Does anyone have the faintest idea as to how the tag addresses must appear in E-Designer in order for an E-terminal, such as an E-200 to communicate to a ControlLogix processor using DF1. The Terminal has the correct drivers etc, and I understand that the E-Terminal will only look at data in the controller scoped tags in the CLX. When entering what I think are the correct addresses in E-deisigner I get an "Invalid I/O" error message. According to Beijers information, the tag address can be up to 32 chars in length, I can only get 18 in! Any advice is greatly recieved.

I downloaded and read the E-Terminals DF1 driver Help file, and I saw two things that stand out. First, the default error-checking setting for a ControlLogix is "BCC" error checking, but the E-200 appears to only support CRC errror checking. Change that on the ControlLogix serial port configuration. Second, and most important, the E-200 appears to only support the older SLC and PLC type addressing, not ControlLogix tag names. You have to enter an equivalency table in RSLogix 5000 (under "Map PLC/SLC Addresses") that maps PLC-style data files to ControlLogix tag arrays. I'm willing to be incorrect about that; if you have a real user-manual that is more recent than their website then of course follow that. Post some more info about your Logix serial port settings and the addressing you're putting in the E-200 and maybe someone who is familiar with them can help further. Edited by Ken Roach