Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SHY

SLC505 with 1747SDN

2 posts in this topic

Hi! I've seen an equipment with a SLC505 and a 1747SDN card installed. This card has 2 devices connected to it (namely omron ee5k). I am keen to have an overview of how this software is configured. Read somewhere that I might need a RSNetworx. Does it mean that I need RSNetworx on top of RSLogix? Or is RSLogix sufficient for all the configuration and software development? Need an overview of how to configure these devices as I've been serving the net and trying to read on the manuals but still have problem understanding (guess one of the problem part is I have problem understanding the block transfer concept). Does each device need a specific address (and this address automatically configured when we use RSNetworx)? Thank you and hoping for a favourable reply.

Because DeviceNet is an open network, there is typically a configuration program to set up slave devices and scanners that is separate from the ladder logic programming. In the case of A-B controllers, this software is RSNetworx for DeviceNet. You will almost certainly need this software and usually an interface to connect to DeviceNet, like the 1770-KFD. The best overview of the function of RSNetworx for DeviceNet is the tutorial that ships with the product. The software allows you to configure slave device parameters, and to "map" the I/O data from those slave devices to memory locations in the scanner (the 1747-SDN). You might be able to make this work with just RSLogix 500 (using a function called Auto Configure), if the slave devices you are using are not very configurable. Can you tell us more about them ? I am not familiar with an Omron "ee5k".