Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest zah

problem with CPM2A in PC==>PLC transfer

13 posts in this topic

Hello. I am working with the CPM2A, omron and CX_Programer v_5.0. I am creating a base of exercises. With instruction ZCP, that in the CPM2A is due to load like instruction of expansion I have a litle probrem. It does not give to errror when compiling the program and when trying to unload from Cx to the PLC unloads the program correctly to me but not them instructions of expansion. The error is following Can you help me? Thanks, and sorry, my english is too deficient.

Go online to the PLC. put the PLC in Stop / Program Mode. dbl Click on the Settings, upload the settings first...Then tick the box for User Settgins under the Expansion instructions, download the settings. Your CPM2 should allow you to download expansion instructions now...oh and by the way remeber to be able to use expansion instructions you need to map them by dbl clicking on the Expansion Instructions and mapping them...

I have modified Startup for uses expansions functions as you say, but the problem persists. If I transfer de expansion instruction PLC to PC, all go right. I do this: 1.- Load expansion instruction. 2.- Download the program and the expansion instruction to PLC. 3.- And here is the problem I don´t understand what happen.....

Hello zah, The problem is caused by having 'empty' expansion slots. The PLC needs to have all the expansion slots filled with instructions. In your case, 19, 87, and 88 are empty. If you add instructions to these slots, you should be OK. Hope this helps.

Helo anonymous I complete de slots whit other expansion instruction and the problem not solve.

Sleepy! CPM2A has a Dip Switch!Does it has any roles in this issue? I too often came across downloading problem.When I try it would ask to Check Dip Switch.In such case better make Expansion Instructions default.Remove the unwanted EXP. instructions in decending order.If u want to assign 2 Exp. instructions,just remove 2 from right side & insert tha necassary Instruction.I did this & it worked.

The switch next to to the serial port changes the settings for the serial port only. Has nothing to do with PLC settings. I had the same problem with downloading the expansion instructions. I did as Sleepy had suggested but still did not work. I removed the PLC battery and left it out overnight. (I don't know how long it actually takes to drain). After reinstalling the battery I downloaded the settings first (as Sleepy suggested), then downloaded my program.

Something go bad. First: I complete the empty slots whit other instructions, and ZCP that it´s what I need. The error is still aviable. Second: I remobe only one instruction from the right to the left, and I replace it whit ZCP. The error is still aviable.

The DIP switch in the CPM2A is for the settings of the RS232 port ON means default communications of Hostlink (Sysmacway), 9600 baud, 7 data, even parity, 2 stop bits. (9600, 7,E,2) For original problem....did you down load the settings via the settings dialog ? IE ... Configuracion del PLC ---> Opciones -> Transfer To PLC

Found this in the operation manual.

I just tested this on my bench. I tried to download expansion instructions and got the same message box as you. (except mine in English). This is what I did: 1) Clear program memory. 2) Downloaded Settings. 3) Cycle Power on PLC. 4) Downloaded Expansion Instructions. 5) Downloaded Program. I performed these downloads one at a time in the order listed and got no error messages. Edited by IO_Rack

Ok. Thanks at everybody. The program go, and doo it so good. What I do?. * Put the Ex.instruction in empty slot (17) removing the instruction who ocuped this slot. Some slot are empty but, no problem. * Now put the PLC options like * In Online Work, whit PC in Program mode, transfer the setting. * Turn off the supply power of PLC. * Translate tthe program, ex.instruction, selecction setting to the PLC. Put the PLC in RUN mode. Work. Thanks every one. I put the program here, for if anyone want doo it. In 0.00 is the General STOP In 0.01 is the General Run 0.02 count how mamy people go inside the room. 0.03 count how mamy people go out the room. Grenn light is ON since the persons inside the room are less than 100. From 100 to 109 persons inside the room, the Yelow light is ON, and for 110 persons, the RED light is ON.

I realize this is an old post. A co-worker an I experienced the same problem recently with a CPM2A-60. I edited my above post to add a step in the procedure that solved our problem. Even without adding new posts with questions this site makes a great reference. I was glad I could help myself. Edited by IO_Rack