Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Step7

The right cable and software?

3 posts in this topic

Over recent weeks our plant hsa seen a lot of equipment coming in with mitsubishi FX0N, FX2N PLC's (all our other stuff is Siemens S7) so I decided to go and order some software and a cable. Just wanted to confim what i was ordering was correct as you guys will clearly know more about Mitsubishi PLC's/software tha i do Anyways, I've ordered GX Developer FX, am i right in thinking that suits all PLC's in the FX range i.e. FX0N, FX2N etc? And I ordered the 9 Pin serial to DIN cable SC09 which I assume is the correct cable. I hope i've ordered the right stuff otherwise my boss will go nuts as i've just spent about £600 Edited by Step7

By the sounds of it, you have ordered the correct equipment What concerns me is the price you paid The LIST price for GX Developer FX (including SC-09 cable) is £299 (or £199 if you exclude the cable) That is, not including any discount.... I hope that for £600 you were able to buy two! Oh, and as for the GX Developer FX, it will only program FX plc's, not any old F1/F2's or A series or Q series If you need any training let me know! Edited by navillusi

Unfortunately that price was correct £300 for the SW and about £100 for the cable from RS Components, Farnell's price was about the same. Unfortunately that's the firms choci of supplier so we have to go along with it even though there service seems to get poorer by the day (4 week wait for an S7-224) It didnt state in either catalogue wether the cable was included or not so i ordered one anyway, so hopefully I'll get 2 (one for personal use) As far as I'm aware the only Mitubisih plc's we use are FX series as for all our other equipment we stipulated that we wanted S7/S5 and we have had loads of gear come in from one of our other sites that has been closed down where they primarily used mitubishi hence all this new stuff to us. Edited by Step7