kirso

HMI and PC connecting

14 posts in this topic

We have several machines with CQM1H plc and a Uniop hmi unit connected via the cpu peripheral port. The Hmi is a touch screen that controls many functions of the machine. ie data changes and start/stop of motors etc. I have managed to download the programs by disconnecting the hmi and plugging in my laptop (syswin 3.4) But can then not run the machine due to hmi not connected. Does anyone know if there is a way of connecting both hmi and pc at the same time. I dont have the original docs for the programs so it would be a lot easier for me to identify parts of prog if I can monitor changes made whilst Hmi is connected. As you maybe can tell absolute begineer with Omron stuff. LOL

Hello, As long as the CPU type is not a CPU11 (i.e. it is CPU21, 51, or 61), then if the HMI is connected to the PLCs peripheral port, you can connect the PC via the RS232 Host Link port.

The CQM1H peripheral port has an auto-detect feature which decides what is connected to the peripheral port by the first character into the port. When you download the PLC program using a peripheral serial cable the port is automatically set to Toolbus communications. When you remove the peripheral cable from the peripheral port and re-connect the UniOP interface , it expects Sysway or Hostlink communications. Use CX programmer to permanently set the port to Sysway communications and then always download the PLC program using Sysway rather than Toolbus protocol. Then when you reconnect the port, it will be using the correct protocol for the UniOP interface.

Just an update now I have my facts right.. CPU is a 51 unit The HMI is connected to the rs232 port. I have found the peripheral port but do not have a cable to connect the pc to plc using this port. (looks a very small port) Can anyone tell me a part no for this cable ? Edited by kirso

CS1W-CN226

Thanks for all the info Jay. Have ordered cable, may have more questions when I get it.

Hi! I'm having the same problem, but focusing on getting real data from plc. After all the effor done to configurate a serial port on my lap top (buying usb-serial converter, installing it, configuring it) I notice that tiny port. I'll stay tuned to this thread so I can learn.. Thank fellows... quijote_mx

if u want to use peripheral port then use omron peripheral to serial converter currently dont remember its model no. it can b easily connected to pheripheral port and then u can use ActiveX named "Compolet" by omron where u can easily configure serial port and then using ur preffered advanced language u can communicate just like Touch Screens. jinn_40@yahoo.com

Cable arrived and works ok , didnt have to change any settings etc. Just need to figure out the program now. Bit of info ,The machine is a form fill and seal machine. I have a bit that is driving me crazy.We had to fit an encoder to enable bags to be made ignoring the bag length photo beam. I was sent the drawings for where and how to fit.Signal from encoder goes to input 00.04. Not a problem... But when I do a cross referance I can not find any referance to this input. I can find all the others, ie flags , inputs and outputs. But I know the encoder controlled length is now working and it wasnt until the encoder was fitted. I am sure the encoder signal must be eventually be changing a data entry and this is used in a compare somewhere. Is it possible that not all inputs used show up in the cross referance list? Can you associate an input somehow straight to a DM area without it showing up on above? Edited by kirso

I have a problem with HMI unit too. I am using NS8-TV01, which is supposed to connect to the CJ1M-CPU13. I am doing it for the first time using manuals 074, 073, and 083, step-by-step. I do not understand, what is going on. I have created a program with NS-Designer and trying first to download to PT using direct PC-PT connection. I just want to see if screens will appear on the PT. I establish connection PT to PC, download a project, get the message on a PT that “Download Completed” and a message on PC that I have to restart a PT. After I say “Yes”, the PT restarts, I get a black screen with “connection…” message in the corner of the PT and that’s it. I can see that screens are in the PT, but it does not want show them to me. To connect PC with PT, I am using a serial port A on PT and 202 cable. What I am doing wrong? Maybe I have missed some PT settings; even though I have followed step-by-step precedure.

kirso, some of the inbuilt inputs on the CQM1 series PLC's can be set up as and encoder input or high speed interupt counter intput etc these are documented in the manual...the programmer might of used a CTBL instruction or CMP instrucitons for the bag lenght calc's.... Guest---Please Register and join the community.... followed step by step hey ? What about the settings of the PLC port.....Put the PLc in Stop program mode, upload the settings now go to the Hostlink Port Set the Comms to be Custom and NT link with a baud rate of 115k. On the NS screen comms will need to be High Speed. Give that a go....

Sleepy Wombat thank you for your help (I am or was a guest). But there are strange things with Omron PT or PLC. It worked when I downloaded all the settings from a single computer. Then I used this PLC for another application and then installed the same program again with the same settings for Host Link Port and everything using a computer in the network (there are several computers connected in Ethernet network). And it did not work! I checked several times to be sure that all the setting are the same as they were before, when it worked, and it did not work anyway. Any idias, what is wrong with my system?

how can i communicate hmi omron NT631C with a PC , software is NT-support tool 

please help me

MOURAD,

Welcome to the forum.

Here is a link to the cable pin out you need to communicate to the NT series.

Omron Semi-Universal Cable

Hope this will help.