Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest gdadulescu

Siemens S5 -100u Cpu 103 Problem

4 posts in this topic

I have a really annoying problem. I have an Siemens S5-100u plc with cpu 103 and it doesn't seems to work when i use a simple input verifying command like A I 0.0 the plc puts the value 1 on all channels from 0 to 7 in the slot 0. I found out that when I transfer a value FF to slot 4 which is digital output , after that the input works (the value is 0 and is turning into 1 only when i make the contact). Please help me because I am new to PLC's and I really don't understand why this is happening.

Hi, Is there a program already "running" in the PLC? Have you programmed OB1? Please post a copy of your program. Regards, Steve

Yes of course. I might add that the PLC has 9 slots: 4 digital input, 3 digital output and 2 relay output. The program is very simple. I am calling pb1 from ob1 and in pb1 its' something like A I 0.0 =Q 4.1 BE The problem is that only the relay outputs work when I use the command =Q 7.1 for example. At start I get signal 1 on the validated digital input on any channel altough I don't make any input at all. So accordingly to the simple program I should get an output on 4.1 but no led is lighting. I really don't understand. It might be broken ?

Sounds like a bad bus module. Remove all of the 6es5-700-xxx bus modules from beneath the I/O modules except the first one. Put an input module in the first slot and an out in the second. In OB1 put this code in L IB0 T QB1 BE No other code is needed Then anytime an input goes high, the same output should go on. Swap modules if it don't work the first time.