pturner

Omron NA panels

3 posts in this topic

This question is only applicable to the current NA series of Omron HMI/operator touch panels.

I'm trying to find a way in Sysmac Studio - Standard Edition V1.3 to control the colour change of toolbox items like pipes and motors. To date I've only found how to make these things turn invisible or move around the screen; not change colour.

The pipes and motors are Grouped objects of various colors for shading, 3D effects, etc... The Group is made up of simple shapes for the most part where you can change the color of individual shapes.

- Add a motor or pipe to a page.

- From the View menu, click Page Explorer. This will open in the Multiview Explorer. Look at the Tabs at the bottom.

- Select your object (motor or pipe).

- Click the arrow next to your object in the Page Explorer. This is expose all the shapes that make up the object.

Most of the shapes may have their Color property changed via the Animations Tab. Some of these objects can be very complex and contain a lot of shapes. You'll have to decide if it is worth the effort.

Hi IO_Rack,

What you say is true.

It is also true that my interest is in one of the motors.

I copied (Vectored) this OMRON Sysmac Studio toolbox standard motor into a graphic package, and found that it was made up of a lot of individual components, and has too many colour ranges to make it practical to edit and port back into the Sysmac Studio HMI project.

What I was hoping, was for somebody with more experience than me, to give me guidance in a quicker method that would still give me an image that was of reasonable quality, and looked like a 3D motor in 3D.