Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bwhinch

FTV:SE Make button to toggle HMI overlay visiblity

3 posts in this topic

I'm trying to figure out how to make an overlay visible if a button on the HMI is held down, I'm hoping there is a way without modifying the PLC.

We have a plant with hundred of motors, I'm wanting to make a simple overlay that displays text over a motor to say what MCC and section the drive is located. We are using PlantPAx objects, however they don't really have a spot to enter MCC locations. I'm guessing I'll need to use VBA, however I'm hoping to only modify the HMI.

15 hours ago, bwhinch said:

I'm trying to figure out how to make an overlay visible if a button on the HMI is held down, I'm hoping there is a way without modifying the PLC.

We have a plant with hundred of motors, I'm wanting to make a simple overlay that displays text over a motor to say what MCC and section the drive is located. 

You can use FTVSE Tags as memory bits only used on the HMI, and then toggle visbility using buttons that modify this TAG memory bits. 

16 hours ago, bwhinch said:

We are using PlantPAx objects, however they don't really have a spot to enter MCC locations. 

But its much easier and the result much more elegant if you customize the PlantPAx objects to embed the info. 

You can add global parameters to those global objects to include the desired information.

Cheers

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, empanada said:

You can use FTVSE Tags as memory bits only used on the HMI, and then toggle visbility using buttons that modify this TAG memory bits. 

But its much easier and the result much more elegant if you customize the PlantPAx objects to embed the info. 

You can add global parameters to those global objects to include the desired information.

Cheers

Yea I would like to customize PlantPAx but I don't think I have the time to read. I'm not sure how it works and I don't want to break anything. I just need to get information on the screen for the electricians.