Bobodopalus

Controlling mx2 inverter without modbus

10 posts in this topic

Hi all ive been given a small test cabinet to play around with and test on, it has a cp1l-el plc and a mx2 inverter, ive been looking at how to control the inverter and cant seem to find a way to program it how i want.

the plc has no modbus connector so it cannot be done that way

i want to be able to set the frequency and be able to start and stop the inverter through the control pins.

let me know if this is possible, thanks

Use standard outputs from the PLC for Start/Stop/Reverse signals to the MX2.

Use a High speed pulse train output from the PLC to the RP Pulse Input on the MX2 to control speed.

Ok the start/stop seems easy enough, will the PLS2 or PULS function work for the pulse output? and which pin do i need to send that to on the mx2 inverter

Edited by Bobodopalus
chanign words

Those instructions are typicallu used for positioing.

If you are just controlling speed use a combination of Continuous Mode [Speed Control] instructions SPED, ACC and INI.

See Section 7-2-4 in manual W516.

Pin RP = Pulse input on MX2

Edited by BITS N BYTES

hmm i thought i had got it set up correctly this time but no luck,

so i followed your advice and connected pin 1.00 to the RP pin and set up the parameters on the mx2 as follows

a001=06 pulse train freq

a002=02 so it can be operated by run button for now

p003=00

p004=00

i don't need to earth pin L right as its only for analog inputs?

heres the small plc code i made to control the frequency, which from what i can tell works fine, i can see the pulse train light on the plc flickering accordingly

im sure im missing something simple but i cant see it

thanks for the help so far

mx2 control example.png

Looking at the RP input in the MX2 schematic it would appear that it only accepts a Sinking input signal.

To work with a CP1L-EL it must have Sinking Transistor outputs i.e. CL1L-EM**DT-D

Providing you have a Sinking Transistor model, you have wiring correct between PLC output and MX2 and high speed output is pulsing you should be able to monitor this signal on the MX2.

dang, i guess i'll have to come back to this another time then with another method of communication, thanks for the help

just to update this i didnt give up completly but on dsicovering that i would need to buy another part i thought i might as well go with modbus, the only reason i wanted to do it without was because i didnt have the part vailable at the time

Always good to get updates from forum posters.

Keep plugging away and good luck mate!

Edited by BITS N BYTES