Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Abdul Wajid

CP1E Barcode reader count

6 posts in this topic

Hi.... Folks

I am using PLC CP1E-NA20 model for barcode reader with rs232 connection. I successfully communicated the barcode reader with PLC and basically programed for RXD Instruction function to read string data for specific items and done it.

Actually i have to count the specific items in RXD instruction. Suppose if 4 different items i have to scan it more than once and have to count every items in different data registers ( similar to barcode scanner used in cash counters), then how i have to accomplish. Is there any specific bits/registers available for it ? Also i need to trigger total count in data register.

A392.06 is used for only executing RXD inst, we can't able to count it. Is it right ?

Why is A393 (no. of bytes received)  shows only 0 value after every scan?

Thanks....

Hi... I figure out the issue for counting the scan. We have to use A393.00 bit with data increment instruction. But sometime it's not counting (freeze) the random barcode scan and again starts from where it got freezed (i.e for 10 physical scan data register will show 8 counts). Would be good if anyone can clarify it.

Actually i need to compare specific string values (12 bytes) for different barcode. Are there any specific compare instruction for 12 byte string ?

Please let me know how i can sort out this.

Thanks

There are string instructions on the more advanced PLCs.  The CP1E is the most basic PLC in the current Omron offering (excluding the ZEN).  Your best bet is to use 6 =L instructions and compare the values in the 12 consecutive words.

Thanks for suggestion Mike. Which PLC would be best in CP series to process these kind of applications ? Did i have to go for CS/CJ series for more advance functions?

I saw other series PLC has instructions as SEND & RECV,  whether this 2 instructions is same as TXD & RXD in CP series? Any difference ?

Thanks

The CP1L and CP1H processors both have string functions.  This can be found in CX-Programmer:   Help menu, Instruction Reference, CP1L/CP1H.

Text String Processing Group:

5e7a0e505e26f_stringinstructions.jpg.614

SEND and RECV are for sending FINS commands (Omron protocol) and are unrelated to TXD and RXD for general serial communications.

1 person likes this

Thanks Mr. Mike for further clarification, i was unaware of it. Have to go through it in details....