Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mister x

FTVSE parameter file question

4 posts in this topic

I seem to remember there is a way to dynamically change text in a parameter file, but can't find any example.  For instance, lets say I have 20 PIDE tags in my PLC, and I want to bring them up as displays individually from a block of 20 buttons.  I want each individual button to call up the Logix_PIDE faceplate display, but load a different tag for each different button - without having to have 20 different parameter files, one for each tag.

Is there a way to have a button or a touch target dyamically change the text in a single parameter file?  Say I have these lines in a parameter file that are the 2 Global Object Parameter Values for the Logix_PIDE display.  I just need to be able to have variable text in 2 places:

#1=[RSLINX]PIDE_01

#2=[RSLINX]PIDE_01_AT     <-----corresponding autotune tag

I want to be able to have my button or target change the 01 to 02, 03...whatever I need it to be to load a different tag.  Workable?

I don't really have answer, but I have a guess.  Any chance the 01 could be called #3 and then when you press the button, write to #3 the PIDE number?

Hi,

In FTV SiteEdition you  don't need a parameters file.

Create a global object, let's call it "BUTTON" in which you define a main global object paramater, say #1 (but you can add many global object parameters as much as you need/want).

On this global object you insert a button to call the desired display (for example a PID faceplate (default one or custom)). On this button you configure that the button pass the global object parameters to the called display (continuing with the example, the PID faceplate).

Insert this global object on the parent display.

On the Global Object Parameter Definitions tab insert the desired value for #1 (for example"01").

You design the faceplate using the #1 as a replaceable value so when the faceplate is called from a "button" global object , the faceplate will use the global object parameter passed from "button" . For example, in a numeric display of the faceplate you can use the "PIDE_#1.PV" . If you assign to the PIDE controller on the PLC program the name "PID_01", the faceplate will display the Process Value of the  "PIDE_01".

I'm writing from memory, and there is more than one year that I don't code on FTV. In 8 hours I'll be on my job desktop and I can explain better, and/or with some screenshots.

Cheers

thx guys, I think I remember where I was going with this now:-2

What I ended up doing was creating the global button, and passing the two PIDE_#1 and PIDE_#1_AT tags as parameter tags at the display options window when defining the button action.  Then it's as simple as setting one parameter for the object, and at each button instance enter the tag number at the #1 parameter.

Now, I just need to be able to link the tag to the button display....

Edited by mister x