WKTilton

Using Alarm Group in a Label

3 posts in this topic

I am using a Label as a Message Display with Resource Group.  I want to do the same thing with my User Alarms, I do not like the Alarm View Popup.....The image is how I assume it needs to be setup.  It compiles and downloads without fault, but messages do not display.

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?  I could retype all the User Alarms in a Message Resource folder, but I have a lot of User Alarms....

Thanks,

AlarmLabel.JPG

"User Alarms" in the NA screens have a lot of information that can be accessed using the User Alarms Viewer. I don't think you can access the AlarmMessage portion with a single line of code. (At least, I'm not aware of a method). Have a look at the Help > Instruction Reference. In the User Alarms section you'll see a GetAlarmInfo function that you could use to access all the alarm's attributes.

If you are only using ID and Message, then it would be easier to create a Group under the Resources folder like you mentioned. Also note, you can select all then copy / paste to and from a spreadsheet. That saves a lot of time.

Thanks for the tip on using a spreadsheet....didn't cross my mind to take the entire User Alarm table and copy it into a spreadsheet....  I will proceed on with using the Label and Text Resource file...