Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve Bailey

Logicmaster Macros

1 post in this topic

I received this private message, probably in response to my post on using a macro to crack an OEM password. Steve Bailey, jrwb4gbm has sent you this email from http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php. Hi,I know nothing about how to use macros. could you post how you used it on the 90-30 GE PLC or e-mail it to me?Thanks,Sid The ability to record macros is one of the underutilized features of Logicmaster that unfortunately didn't get ported over to VersaPro. Each Logicmaster folder can have have as many as ten macros recorded. You play them back by pressing ALT + 0 through ALT + 9. To record a macro, navigate to whatever Logicmaster screen you want to start from. Then hit ALT + t (think 'teach'). You will be prompted for which of the ten possible playback keys you want to use, and warned if a file already exists for the playback key you choose. Once that's done, simply press the keys to accomplish what you want to do. When you finish, hit ALT + q to end the recording session. I've used a macro as a quick and dirty method of getting PLC data into a spreadsheet. The macro is the sequence of keystrokes to jump to the register table display and do a screen dump to a text file. Then in Excel, I run another macro that reads the text file and drops the numeric data into spreadsheet cells.