koelkommer

GX Developer/FX2 Problems

4 posts in this topic

Good Morning Everyone

I have a problem that I do hope someone can help me with.

My work laptop is used only for PLC and VSD(Vfd) configuration. It is an aging Lenovo running windows XP and it has GX Developer, GX IEC and a few of the Mitsi configurator tools and Mitsi FX configurator for VSDs. I bought a couple of new VSDs and got a copy of the new FX2 for configuration of the VSDs. I installed the FX2, used it configure 2 VSDs and that was it. Yesterday I tried to use the GX Developer to make a few changes to one of our A series PLCs and could not get it to load.

On loading, the first windows info block says "System Stop Failed. Please restart Windows" if I click the OK button the next info block states "Operation Ended Incorrectly. Restart the application" If I click on the OK button it appears to load, however when one selects the Project to open it crashes and comes up with another info block " Gppw.exe has encountered a problem and needs to Close." As we were a little under the pump to get the changes made yesterday I did unistall the FX2 program, this did not fix the problem.

If anyone could shed some light on a fix for this I would appreceiate it.

Thanks in advance.

In that case, I would re-install GX developer from scratch too, including Melsoft environment first.

maybe some was corrupted.

Thanks for your response Ron_S I will give it a try tommorrow. I have found another way out temporarily, as I have another laptop with a fresh copy GXWorks 3 and that has GX Developer on it. I did not really want to use this laptop in my dirty work environment but at least I have a way out.

Many Thanks

Why not use GX Works 2 ?? It's fine for FX2.
GX Dev programs can read into GX Works 2 and there is no code change.