Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chalpa

Mitsubishi Ethernet Protocol

13 posts in this topic

Hi everybody: I need to know if is possible to communicate an AS2SHCPU PLC over Ethernet with a device that uses Ethernet/IP or Modbus TCP protocols. Is compatible the Mitsubishi protocol? I need to use a converter? I´m planning to put an A1SJ71E71 ethernet module in the backplane to make te communication. Thanks in advance for any comment you can make

I dont know a a way to convert the MELSEC protocol to Modbus. You will need a device that converts the protocol from Melsec to Modbus and vice versa. The ethernet interface does not imply that the two devices will simply talk! They still need to talk the same language. There might be a device that does this protocol conversion, but I will have to check with the supplier. Will let you know.

Thanks for your answer and any help will be welcomed. I had worked with schneider and AB PLCs before but is my first time with Mitsubishi. Regards.

Just had a word with the Mits sales oke, the QJ71MT91 is a modbus tcp master/slave and is a full on ethernet card. This works on the system Q only, so you will have to change. Have not personally used this card before, but it promises to be a killer! May the force be with you!

I have yet to find a bridge that talks Mitsubishi Ethernet. I've got access to several vendors at work, and Mitsubishi doesn't seem to be hig on their list. Best bet might be to talk serially to the Mitsu with an E-terminal and use the E-terminal's Ethernet port to talk to the Modbus/TCP or Ethernet/IP device. Otherwise, as was mentioned, Mitsubishi is releasing a Modbus/TCP module for the Q series PLC.

True or false: Modbus TCP works only(easily) with GX IEC?

My understanding is that this module will work with GX-Developer or GX-IEC Developer. Of course it is only for the Q series PLC, and no plans seem to exist to take this new technology back to the A1S or QnA. I would think most users should be buying Q instead of A1S by now anyways...

If chalpa has the will to write his/ her own protocol, then the simple answer, without going through third party devices, is simply to use the fixed buffer communications option. You are then able to send whatever you want to another device that will give you a specific port to talk on. I use this way to communicate to a polycomp server pc. If you want, drop me a e-mail and i will forward you the examples i got from Mits in germany.

Chalpa: I have now attached the demo software obtained from mits in germany. Note that this demo uses the fixed communication buffer to send data between two plc's. This is the closest to writing your own "protocol". The alternative is to implement the complete MX protocol, but i am sure you dont want to go that way! (It is a LOT of work) Anyway, let me know if this is the wrong cpu type. I have the demo for the following units: AJ71E71 - for Ans Cpu's AJ71QE71 - for QnA cpu's QJ71E71 - for Q series cpu (easiest to set up...) AJ71E71.zip

Hi Waynes, I am doing a application with the QJ71E71-100 , will you upload the demo for that please? Thank you dariusch

Dariusch, A late reply, sorry... Been busy! Qj71e71.rar

Hi waynes, Just download and will look at it now, Thanks Dariusch