jrl8444

AB program convert to PDF to write Mitsubishi program

4 posts in this topic

Greetings:

I'm a newbie with a twofold purpose.  I am trying to increase my working knowledge of PLCs.  I also have a problem.  We have an old embossing machine that presses heated pads into foam in various patterns.  It is one of three prototypes originally built about twenty five years ago.  It is controlled by a Mitsubishi FX2N PLC.  The production runs of the same machine used an Allen Bradley PLC (I don't know which one).  Recently, the embosser would not run.  We discovered that the battery in the FX2N had died.  We lost the program.  No one here knows that a back up even existed and the manufacturer only supports the production machines.  The manufacturer provided the production machine program file called Embosser1.RSS which we cannot open with GX Works2 (which we use to talk to the FX2N).

Can someone convert the attached RSS file to a pdf format so that we see the program and build a GXW version that will run on our FX2N?

We would be very grateful.  Thank you.

John

Embosser1.RSS

Just FYI. RSS is for the Allen Bradley SLC500 series PLC. If it hasn't been posted by the time I get to work tomorrow I'll print it for you

There are only two routines being used. I didn't print the blank routines. It's a Micrologix program.

EMBOSSER1.pdf

Michael:

Thanks for the background information in your replies.

Thanks for generating a pdf that we can work from.  Hopefully, we can get the machine running again.

We very much appreciate your assistance. :-2

John