Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tvsteevie

Going Obsolete

9 posts in this topic

I just got a quote for S7-200 MICRO/WIN software, 6ES7810-2CC03-0YX0, for 1500.00 USD. The quote also listed this product as "PHASED OUT".

What is the alternate product? Why would a supplier quote a phased out product? WTF!!

Maybe because that's what you asked for?  Ask them to quote the next generation software with backwards compatibility.  Siemens has a website, type in the product number and it will probably list the next compatible software or recommend next steps.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, tvsteevie said:

I just got a quote for S7-200 MICRO/WIN software, 6ES7810-2CC03-0YX0, for 1500.00 USD. The quote also listed this product as "PHASED OUT".

What is the alternate product? Why would a supplier quote a phased out product? WTF!!

And you would be complaining if you didn’t  get a quote. 

go buy TIA Portal Step7 Basic

This is the replacement  

That price is crazy, it must have been raised when they made it obsolete.  It used to be $300 last time I purchased it.

Is TIA Portal backward compatible to the S7-200? 

No. It’s not backward compatible 

well, time to move on or dig deep into pockets.

jrw,

The PDF I received does not match the hardware I have. I tried to explain this to the vendor but he insisted it was the right program. I wanted to verify this information but the cost is too much. I am currently writing a Direct Logic of the program, based on the functions it performs. I will have to build a simulator device since I only have one shot at getting the conversion right. :-(

I would reach out to local integrators to see if anyone has access to the right software and can connect to the PLC to extract the program and generate a pdf report for you. Unless the machine builder has been the only party working on the machine ever, they almost certainly do not have a copy of the current program.