hukc

CX-Supervisor - NX1P2 communication

7 posts in this topic

Hi all!

Somebody make CX-Supervisor project with NX1P2 PLC?

Is it possible to use CJ memory of NX1P2?

Yes.  You just need to assign addresses to the variables that you want to access from CX-Supervisor. To do this, go to the Global Variable table and assign addresses.  I have shown three examples below:

ATVAR2.jpg.934a6e3d41eba0e74aa912fe2eb7c

Make sure that you leave the appropriate spacing if you use data types that are two or more words long.  For instance if you have a REAL number (2 words - 32 bits) assigned to D500, you cannot assign another variable to D501 as the REAL variable uses two consecutive channels.  Sysmac Studio will let you do this (as shown below) but it won't work properly as you are trying to write two different variables to D501.

incorrectAT.thumb.jpg.b248a014889eeeb6e3

You also need to enable the memory area in the NX1P series memory.png.28ac13f2dbad30ebd4e966c675b11

As Micheal has said you need to assign the addresses to variables in the "AT" column.

Just to clarify, the AT (address translation) field can be set on global or local variables.

Good point @chelton.  I had an NJ project open and just typed up my sample variables really quickly.  It did not even trigger the reminder to turn them on.  

Thank you!

I know the using CJ memory of NX1P2,  my question is that memorys can be read in Supervisor?

I cant add NX1P2 in CX-SUPERVISOR.

Edited by hukc

I haven't used CX-Supervisor, but if your using the CJ memory locations i'm sure you would just select a CJ Processor using FINS protocol in CX-Supervisor.

Then again, if you’re connecting to NX then better to create as ‘SYSMAC Device” and use SYSMAC Gateway for communications. Reading by Tag name means you don’t even need to modify or rebuild CX-Supervisor when you change variable locations, plus you don’t have to manually manage the FINS addresses to make sure they don’t overlap !! (Big bugbear!)

Rgds,

BB