Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GuyMiller

Redundancy Processor Online Modifications

3 posts in this topic

We recently added a new analog card to a remote rack that is communicates to a processor rack that has a redundant partner... We made the change when the processor was online, do we need to do anything on the redundant side? 

Been over a decade Guy since I had to work with redundant processors, but if you followed the redundancy bible instructions and made your changes to the primary properly they should, emphasis on should replicate to the redundant partner.  Might want to plan a time to turn off the primary and confirm that though.

If this is true "ControlLogix Redundancy", then you don't have to do anything to the Secondary because it automatically transfers all the edits from the Primary.

This includes changes to the ControlNet configuration, if you're using ControlNet.

I recently revisited a Redundant system running v19.52 and the hardest part was disabling redundancy so I could save to the CF card on both controllers.    And convincing the customer that there was no such thing as "running on secondary";    they simply couldn't comprehend that Chassis A and B were not "primary and secondary".   Bit of a language gap.