Marios

EDS is not registered why?

4 posts in this topic

Good morning all,

I have a weird issue with 2 eds files. I am trying to register two modules, 5069-IB8S an 5069-OBV8S (Safety Input and Output cards). The EDS registration tool looks like everything are ok. When I search the cards to install them in my hardware tree I just cant find them. I tried to do the process as an administrator....nothing, I tried to restart RSLogic…. nothing. I tried to restart the whole PC....nothing. I installed other modules but not Allen Bradley products ( at this point, I really don't know what's wrong so I mention that :P ). Something else that I noticed, but I think it's nothing, is that the other products that I registered can be found just with the art.No. These two, when I try to register them they are coming with an A-B before the art.No. An other point is that in RSLogix 5000/Module Profile directory, I cannot find the 2 modules. The last point is that  when I go the remove list I can find them, so it seems that the cards are there, but.....not.

I am using Studio 5000 v32

Thank you for all the support

Edited by Marios

I may be reading your post all wrong, but have you added the Card EDS to RSLINX and seen them there?  If not you'll never see them in Studio.

1 person likes this

Hello Bob,

well I added the card in EDS tool and I tried to register the card. EDS tool looks that the card is registered (finish the process just fine). Then I wanted to confirm that, so I went to the remove section of EDS tool and I found the card (but instead of a name with this format xxxx-YYYY it is A-B xxxx-YYYY).So I guess if I see the card in remove section of EDS the card was registered, but when I search to add the card in my hardware tree I cant find it.

Maybe my English are not correct so.... feel free to joke about that :P

Marios

Well my problem solved.  The eds tool did the job correct, but the profile had problems. So I download the profile add on from Rockwell and I fixed it. 

So just for future issues like mine, guys check also the add on profile....both things must be ok

Marios