Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PLC_Robot

90-30 Connection

3 posts in this topic

I am writing this because I think I am out of tricks in my bag....lol

I just started a new position with a plant that is dated and still uses GE 90-30 PLCs everywhere.

First problem that I think I have overcome but have not yet had success with a GE Processor is a Windows 10 - Prolific PL2302 driver issue and CODE 10 in Windows 10 (Using a new Rev D cable from Plugable.com).  I know this works without the CODE 10 as RSLinx can Auto config and connect to an old as the Hills Micrologix.

So being new to GE, I am getting lost in the confusion. 

I have PAC Machine edition 9.7 build 8595 and I have been able to connect to running 90-30 PLCs over Ethernet and no issues.   Where I am running into problems is my first connect so I can download a new IP address.  I have seen the ways suggested BOOTP, Telnet, and Software to write the new IP to the card and I wanted to use the Software method but in a new project when I right click on Target1, and scroll down to Offline Commands the drill down tab says "(none)" and the font is grayed out.   On an existing project it shows the Temp IP option but when I click on it, nothing comes up.

Second issue I have is with the already supplied Hardware Catalog.  How do I add a Power Supply to the list if its not there? 

Example is an IC693PWR321Z does not appear but the IC693PWR330 version does.  I know Allen-Bradley uses EDS and now AOP files for RSLInx and the thumbnail pictures, does GE have something similar?  

What CPU does your new project default to and what CPU do you want to use? If the PWR321 power supply is not compatible with the CPU module it won't show up in the catalog. I think the default CPU for a new 90-30 project is the CPU374 which requires a high capacity power supply like the PWR330.

You need to double-click on the "Set temporary IP address" to launch the tool. It allows you to enter the MAC ID of the module and assign an IP address to it. The address you assign will not survive a power cycle. Once you have assigned one you will need to download a hardware configuration to the CPU to make it persistent.

1 person likes this

That does make sense with the catalog.  I am trying to use a CPU374 and I had it connected to a 330 High Capacity and wanted to verify that the PWR Supply is indeed good.  

I will switch it back to the 330 and try again.  

Thanks for the response.  

1 person likes this