wzrdstrm

Converting GOT1000 Project to GOT2000

6 posts in this topic

I converted a GOT1000 project to a GOT2000, Changed the physical screen from a 1000 series to a 2000 series, everything expect a push button combination works. We have in the screen to change a part from GOOD to BAD, by holding one button on the screen and selecting the part we want to be bad. The buttons change states per normal but the logic did not change the part to bad (it is tracked in a data point in the PLC).

I compared this to a GOT1000 screen I also worked on, the logic is the same, but the touch box is not in the same position, but as noted above the screen does acknowledge the buttons as pushed.

Anyone have any ideas what could have changed that it does not work now?

Does the screen support multi touch ?

ooof....that's interesting and I did not think of that. I doubt the GOT1000 would have it and I don't think the version I bought does either. Could be a sequence problem. I'll have to test right at the HMI tomorrow and see how the contacts respond in the program.

GOT1000 is a range The were definitely types that support two handed control.
I Think you will need a GT27 for multi touch.

GT1572-VNBA was the unit I replaced with a GT25 (not sure the number off hand) That unit look familiar?

wait....it just dawned on me, to get to the screen settings of a 1572, you have to hold your finger in two corners, so...multi touch (at least two I guess).