Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WKTilton

Syamac & 1S Servo Motion programming

2 posts in this topic

I am desperately trying to understand the OMRON way of programming (28 yr. AB programmer) when it comes to Motion Control.  I am pouring over example programs and what I can understand in Omron manuals.....  What I cannot find is where you get all the bit level information from for individual axis....  For example, just a simple bit signaling a Servo Fault; I have a program that I have been studying and there is a bit with the variable MC_NailPunch_Station.MFaultLvl.Active, it obviously comes from the Axis "MC_NailPunch_Station", but I cannot find the reset of that variable anywhere in the program, in any setup....nothing.

Is there a list somewhere of things like this I can use in my program for status bits etc.?

Thanks,

When you create an axis, Sysmac studio automatically creates a variable(of type _sAXIS_REF, a predefined structure) with the same name as the name that you used for the axis.  I have created an axis called belt:

5e4aaad380933_Axisname.jpg.74b7a1878dd0d

The variable belt looks like this:

5e4aaad40e4b4_AxisStructure.jpg.18e2155c

So, to monitor the drive alarm status, you could use the Belt.DrvStatus.DrvAlarm bit.  There is no bit to reset the fault.  You need to use the MC_Reset Function Block to reset a fault on the drive.