Milanz

NX-EIC202 upload

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

does anybody can help me and answer why I cannot upload data from coupler NX-EIC202 + 2xID5442 + 2xOD5256? It is communicating with Fanuc R30iB. I can only read it with Network Configurator software, but able to upload with SysmacStudio. I can switch communication to online mode but when trying to upload data, message is shown: "Failed to transfer the Ubit configuration management information from Communication Coupler. Failed to get the Unit configuration management information. The Unit configuration has not been fixed." With uploading from N1XP2 and touch panel there was no problem. I need to check how the data are transform between the coupler and Fanuc. Need to add some sensors. Is it possible to connect coupler to the N1XP2 with address 100.168.8.1 if the coupler ( read from Net Conf. has shown with address 192.168.1.10) ?

Thanks in advance

Sorry, I did not mention. I was connected with USB when using Sysmac.

Connect with USB, then do a compare and merge with actual configuration.  Then download that to the EIC coupler.  It seems to be saying that you have not done this yet.

Little bit confused, that upload is not working without compare and merge. In Siemens it works in different way. I will check definitely. Thank you.

The NX-EIC module has the ability to store a "map" of the modules that are supposed to be connected to the module.  

When an upload is performed, the EIC module will report back what its saved "map".  If there is no saved "map", the module should still function, but there is nothing to upload.  Adding / removing modules would not cause faults (if done with the power off) in this configuration. 

Compare and merge will actually look at what is connected to the EIC module.  If you then transfer this newly created "map" to the EIC module, the EIC module will expect those I/O modules to be present and alarm if they are not present.  If you upload after this "map" has been sent to the EIC module, then it will upload properly and show as you expect.  

Hopefully this is more clear.  

Hi Michael,

thanks for help. Now I understand. All was working as you wrote. Now I have to rerrange network ..... change address of the coupler, connect it to N1XP2 network, map the points .....and all is done :-). I must read  a lot of  pages of manuals .....

Best regards