Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest cougar990

Kt 1784 And Windows 95

4 posts in this topic

I am looking to configue my KT1784 card into a windows 95 computer. The problem is that the card is not found in the Plug and Play and thus I can't seem to get the menu up to configure the card to the operating system. This is an old job where we needed to replace the hard drive, so as you can imagine the owner has lost the instructions. DOes anyone know where I can find manual for providing information on this installation? I have searched the rockwell site to no avail. You help is greatly appreciated!

In this address you have the Instalation Manual. http://www.ab.com/manuals/cn/1784231.pdf Good Look GATI

I set up a few of these with Win95. I never found it nor did plug and play find it. Using the kt card dianotsic disk it there. so just try to go online with a PLC and set up card to comm. If you did'nt get it by now e-mail me @ charlesthomasrogers@hotmail.com I'll send you the procedure I used.

Old ISA-type cards like the 1784-KT don't support plug-and-play at all; only interfaces like PCI and PCMCIA do so. You'll have to go through the User Manual and the Win95 Control Panel to find and set memory and I/O addresses that are available for the KT to use. I have never had to use anything but the default settings with the 1784-KT, so try them first !