Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
changles

M580 sd card install

3 posts in this topic

Just received my blank Schneider sd card it's already formatted. Program is already on the M580 so if I insert, will it write the program to it automatically and save? or do I need to put the plc in stop mode, insert, then put back into run mode? or must I do a project backup and backup save.

Edited by changles

So i presume you cannot do a download to the plc? Because the download will install to the sd card and on power up the plc will load from the sd card. I have never done it this way, but I would suspect you should do a backup save while online. just copy the program from cpu before you do this

Just to be clear did you format the sd card with this procedure or did schneider do it for you?

1. Connect to M580 and make sure the Unity project is “Equal”, “Run” and “Built”
  2. Stop the PLC
  3. Open SD card door and make sure LED is ON
  4. Open the “Animation Table” Window
  5. Add system word %SW93.0 and %SW93.1
  6. Turn on the “Modification” button
  7. Enter value “1” for %SW93.0
  8. (This will start the format of the SD card then that value will change back to “0” and the value of %SW93.1 will go from “0” to “1” to indicate the format has completed successfully), (Formatting a standard SD card takes about 30-50 seconds)
  9. When completed enter value of “0” for both %SW93.0 and %SW93.1
  10. Start PLC